God has called and ordained the local church to be a place where His people grow spiritually, hear the Word of God, receive biblical teaching, and are called into obedience (1 Timothy 4:13). Throughout the month of September, we will unite to pray for our local congregations so that they may be useful to the Lord and make an impact in the lives of our communities and congregations.
PRAYER DIRECTIVES FOR SEPTEMBER
- Pray that your church would minister faithfully and proclaim the Gospel (Matt. 28:19, 20).
- Pray for your pastor as he/she shepherds the congregation. Pray that they have a servant’s heart, remain faithful to the call of God, learn of the Father’s ways, and preach truth plainly, honestly, and boldly (2 Cor. 4:1; 1 Cor. 4:1-3).
- Pray for the adults in your congregation. Pray that they fulfill every purpose God has for them by engaging in acts of service and walking with the Father daily (Eph. 4:1; 2 Thes. 1:11).
- Pray for the youth and children of the congregation. Pray that God’s purposes for their lives would also be fulfilled, that their ways pure, that they would declare His deeds, and that they would flee evil desires (Matt. 18:3, 4; Prov. 20:11; 2 Tim. 2:22).
- Pray for those involved in music and worship ministries. Pray that their praise would defeat the enemy, that they would be the true worshipers who worship in spirit and in truth (Jn. 4:23, 24).
- Pray for teachers engaged in local church ministry. Pray that they rightly divide the word of truth and teach with wisdom. Pray for illumination of God’s Word to share the deep things of God with courage (2 Tim. 2:15; Col. 1:28).
- Pray that your church would be a house of prayer, with a prayer ministry that is powerful and effective (Mk. 11:17; 1 Tim. 2:1; Jas. 5:16).
- Pray for revival in your local congregation. Ask that your church family be united with singleness of heart and action so that all will fear the Lord and follow His ways (Ps. 85:6).
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal any way that your church is grieving, quenching, or resisting Him (Eph. 4:30; 2 Cor. 3:17; Ro. 8:6). Ask the Father to help your church understand the various gifts placed within it and how they work. Ask that these gifts would be used to serve others in love (1 Cor. 12:4-7; 1 Pet. 4:10; 2 Tim. 1:6).
- Pray that your church would love one another as a body and that the Father would give a spirit of unity (1 Pet. 1:22; Ro. 15:5-7; Col. 3:14).
- Pray that the members of your church would financially sow generously into your church without reluctance or compulsion (2 Cor. 9:6-11; Mal. 3:10).